Tea drinking has been associated with health benefits from centuries but it is only in the recent years that its medicinal properties have been investigated. The health benefits are mainly due to the high concentration of flavonoids- also known as antioxidants. Green tea is the best source of antioxidants!
In fact there is no food or drink that is reported to be as healthy as green tea. The Chinese have always known the benefits of green tea since the ancient days. In China, there is a proverb that “Better to be deprived of food for three days, than tea of one.” They had been using green tea for treating ailments like head ache and depression. Off late the drink has spread all over the world and is considered to be the second most popular drink after water. It is popularly known for its medicinal and herbal powers that are embedded within them. The leaves of green tea are not oxidized but steamed and that helps to preserve nutrition. Green tea is well known for a long chain of health benefits that it provides for humans. There have been numerous researches in the past that has proved the health benefits associated with tea drinking.
A journal published in 1994 has published the results of the epidemiological study that stated that drinking tea reduces the risk of esophageal cancer amongst the Chinese men and women by almost 60%. Researchers have also stated that green tea has a compound that inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
A new study has claimed that this beverage is beneficial in fighting bad breath and even mouth cancer. The team from Israel’s Institute of Technology stated that the anti-oxidants found in it known as polyphenols destroys numerous compounds found in the mouth that generally lead to bad breath and tooth decay and mouth cancer. With these new findings, the status of green tea has increased and will be entitled to be known as nature’s “super-foods”.
Here are some more important benefits provided by green tea:
- The polyphenols in green tea are also known to burn calories and maintain the body temperature.
- It is known to minimize the risk of strokes in the body.
- Green tea is the perfect medicine for the diet conscious people.
- It is also reported to cure a lot many skin problems.
- The ingredient Catechine in green tea is known to destroy the bacteria that cause food poisoning in the stomach.
- Helps you do more work by increasing your stamina
- Also does miracles for diabetes and blood pressure problems.
- Green tea has been successful in giving a solution to major diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
- Even opposes HIV.
With so many beneficial roles played by green tea, drinking a cup of green tea few times in a day sounds a good thought. Next when you are playing bingo or in off mood or feeling a bit restless make sure that you catch up with a cup of green tea and you are sure to feel rejuvenated just in seconds.