Working out at home is not that boring and unexciting as one thinks it to be. The only thing is that you need to motivate and discipline yourself to be ready to exercise at home.
Any day when you get up and see that it’s pouring heavily and you cannot step out or if you have got up late and missed your morning walk, well then exercising is a good option. In fact, exercising at home can be really fun only if you follow a few interesting tips.
- Get New Workout Gear: When you are working out at home, do not wear your pyjamas and exercise for that will make you lethargic. Invest a bit in a good set of workout gear, especially the one that you are comfortable with like shorts or track pants, comfortable pants and a good pair of shoes. Dressed in a perfect sportswear will boost your confidence and you will take exercising seriously.
- Put on your favourite peppy music: Before starting to work out, put on your favourite music, preferably the one that is in your mind at that time. This will help to keep your spirits high and you can work out better with more zeal.
- A Fitness DVD: While working out at home, a fitness DVD will help you to do the appropriate exercises, especially when you do not have a personal trainer to help you out. These days there are lot many good fitness DVD’s available like for yoga, aerobics or any dance form. It makes you feel as though you are working in a gym and at times, you even get motivated seeing the person working on different poses.
- Do the Right Workout: Working out at home, you must also ensure to choose the right workout as that will motivate you to do more and more. Like if you are a person who gets too bored walking on the treadmill then you must try doing pilates, yoga or zumba.
- Set up a Routine: Working out at home requires you to inculcate a lot of discipline. Although, you have the option of working out anytime during the day, but it is preferred to fix up a time and dedicate your workout only for those hours. Fix up an hour and stick to it every day-it’s going to be fun. You can always set a reminder on your mobile so that you do not miss out on your regular work out.
- Stock your fridge with healthy eatables: To remain healthy, it is essential to intake healthy food. Therefore, make sure to stock your fridge with good food like juice, soya milk and fresh fruits that will help to keep you in good health and also motivate you to get that good shape.
- Make a reach your goal list: You can hang a note on your fridge or wall that can remind you of an upcoming event for which you are trying hard to get that perfect shape. That could be a friend’s wedding, dating or anything.
- Put a Picture of your Slimmer Self: You can put your slimmer pictures in front of while you are doing the work out. It could be your picture in your skin tight jeans or you may even put of your favourite celeb that you admire to the core. At times, you can even ask a friend to join for it would be fun to chit chat whilst you work out.
Try out the above mentioned tips, it’s fun to work out and you could also get that perfect shape and fit back into all your old clothes that you had been fancying from long.
-By Angelica Campbell