All of us know that it is a big offence to go to bed without washing one’s face – right? And, if you ate not doing so then you are actually ruining your skin. The below mentioned are a few unforgivable common mistakes that most of us tend to do in our daily lives. And, if we actually put a ban on such things then for sure, your skin will thank you for that.
- First Mistake – The first and foremost one is piling up your products. Agree it, we all have done so. You get to know some reviews about a product in magazine or television and you think – “it’s the right cream for me.” Before you’ve realized, the products have lined up your kitty like a big family. Applying all of these products is not only time consuming but you even run the risk of ruining your skin too. Skin experts have stated that as per your daily skin routine, you just need a cleanser, moisturizer, daily sunscreen, acne treatment or an anti-aging product. And, in case you are tempted to buy a new mask or cream then keep it out of sight so that you can use it occasionally. Also, toners and scrubs you can use it twice or thrice in a week.
- Skimp on Sleep and Water: This is the second mistake that majority of us tend to make. Sleep and hydration are important for our skin. Not consuming the right amount of water can leave your skin looking thirsty giving it a dull and dry look. So, ensure to fill in at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day. And if you can get it more, then even better. Also, hitting your bed on time is another way of adding the extra bit of glow to your face. Sleep is essential for flushing the blood volume to your skin. Look fresh and young by sleeping at least 7 – 8 hours a day. If you have not been doing so, try it all off late and seen the change in your skin.
- Picking up products that promise too much: Like, when a single product says that says it can reduce wrinkles, minimize pores, moisturize and give clear skin too. Well, then one is automatically tempted to do so. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that a product can contain all these ingredients and live up to the claims. And, even if it does so, then it is probably a little harsh for your skin. Women tend to use products that multi task. And, if you are doing so then unfortunately you are choosing products that are actually harming your skin. When you check out the ingredient label, anything mentioned after the first 3 products will not do anything much. Therefore, stick to products that contain few ingredients targeting just few issues.
- Next blunder is applying stuff inappropriately. Which product you apply first matters a lot. Also, which ones you combine and apply. Also in regards to the layering of products, you should first apply the treatment oriented product first. Like, in case if you are using a retinol or acne treatment cream then in such a scenario apply it before using a basic moisturizer. Also, consult your dermatologist when you are using more than a single product. Also, use the harsher products at night like retinols as they make your skin more sun sensitive.
- Skipping the daily sunscreen: You definitely would have heard this a million times. But, this is actually worth repeating. One certainly must not miss out on using their daily sunscreen. Not only does it protect from sunburns and skin research but research also states that using sunscreen on a daily basis will make your skin look younger. You can go for a simple and protective light moisturizer with SPF 15 an oil free formula that can shield your skin against UVA and UVB rays. Also, if you plan to be in the sun for a longer period of time then ensure to go for something like SPF 30 and higher.
- Leave your make – up when at the gym: It may not sound good to work out totally bare-faced, but that is going to be good for your skin. Even mineral make –up formulas that say that they do not clog pores can also break out after a sweat session. At the most, you can just apply a basic tinted moisturizer. Just ensure, that it is oil-free!
Now that is certainly a good list of skin care tips that you must follow. Try the above and see the difference in just no time!