The chilling winters demand us to follow a good skin care regime. With the temperature going down, the battle for healthy skin to begins. Dry air takes away the thin layer of oil that traps moisture in the skin causing it to be flaky and leading to dry skin. Therefore at this time of the year, skin is likely to experience disturbances such as dryness, flaky skin and sensitivity.
However, there are ways to beat the skin trauma by just following a few tips:
The major concern during Winters is to combat issues like dryness and flakiness. One important thing to take care of is not to get sloppy and implement the right measures at the earliest.
- Firstly, update your skin care products keeping in mind the winter winds. Begin it with the right cleanser. As beauty begins with clean and a hygienic skin. So, ensure to buy the right cleanser, especially a creamier one as it helps to nourish the skin. Cleansing your skin properly before going to bed is important.
- Using a hydrating mask helps the body to relax. The best option is to take a nice warm water bath 2 hours before going to bed. And, prior to this applying a hydrating mask is a fantastic option to ease out the stress from your body.
- Ensure to have a brief bath by using lukewarm water and not too hot water. Switch off to less aggressive and moisture rich soaps ideal for sensitive skin. After a shower, pat your skin and apply a moisturizer when skin is damp. A few good options of moisturizers are Cetaphil and Eucerin.
- Adding a serum to your routine can help in hydrating and nourishing your skin as much as possible. Especially after hydrating your skin, using a firm and good quality serum is important. The serum will help to reduce the signs of fatigue that tends to appear during the winter months. A few drops of serum and work it all the way up to the hair line and over it as it is the most neglected area.
- Next step is exfoliation, and a fantastic option is using Lavender and sugar. Lavender is an ideal agent for it has anti-bacterial properties and helps to get rid of the excess dirt. And, if you do not prefer lavender then you can also mix almond oil with some sugar that smells incredible too.
- Also, do not neglect the skin beneath the warm layers of clothing. Ensure to keep your skin supple and soft by applying the right moisturizer. It is vital to moisturize your body in colder chimes
- Even lips and hands are highly affected in this season, therefore got to take care of them too. Ensure to exfoliate your lips as they tend to become very dry during this season. Apply the right ointment to keep them bright and beautiful.
- For indulging in some relaxing and therapeutic treatment, you can pop in the essential oils into your night cream.
Alongside using all these, ensure to have proper and healthy diet with the intake of lots of fruits and vegetables. Plus, keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water.
Not women, but I am sure even men would be interested in following these. A healthy skin further enhances to give a healthy mind.
By – Angelica Campbell