A perfectly balanced chakra system allows humans to live a stress free lifestyle, making life more productive and healthy. Although, modern science has done its best to obliterate the minds of people in regards to the existence of the spiritual and physical being. But, still people have managed to keep the flame of spirituality burning in their minds.
Our body is made up of 7 primary chakras and thousands of secondary ones. The word “chakra” is a Sanskrit word that means ‘Wheel of Light”. The 7 chakras refer to the seven power points of life in the human body. These chakras are in constant rotation and vibration that leads to a healthy functioning body. They are the energy centers within the body. Chakra balance is essential for a healthy body, mind and soul. All the chakras are situated in the central line of the body, starting from the base of the spine till the top of the head. They are the entrance gates of the aura and the central point that obtains and conveys life force energy. These chakras take and transmit energy to and from the universe, nature, celestial bodies and from people.
If one of the chakras gets blocked, the energy flow also gets blocked and thus ends resulting in an imbalance of chakras that further leads to physical and emotional problems. The harmonious functioning of chakras can be disturbed due to various factors like ill health, unhealthy diet, stress, exposure to toxic substances, childhood traumas, incongruent beliefs and emotional injuries. .
Few good effects of chakra balancing:
- Complete happiness and peace in body
- Physical health and vitality
- Alertness of personal feelings
- Increased spirituality and maturity
- Sexually comfortable life
- Good confidence levels
- Understanding one-self
The 7 Chakras in our body:
- Root Chakra: The Root Chakra also called the Muladhara Chakra is located at the base of the spine and is associated with the colour red. This chakra is told to be the seat of our procreation, survival and base instincts. It is located at the base of the spine and is associated with adrenals, kidneys and blood. Imbalances in this chakra can make a person feel insecure, over aggressive, mood swings, constant tension and low stamina. On the other hand, a balanced Root Chakra is denoted by courage, strong willed, spontaneous, humanistic and honest.
- Sacral Chakra: This is the second chakra situated at the womb area above the pelvic bone. The chakra is denoted with the colour orange and is associated with the reproductive organs and stomach. A well balanced Sacral Chakra will make you independent, sociable, energetic, enthusiastic and imbalances will make you withdrawn and over dependent.
- Solar Plexus: The Solar Plexus is the third chakra located mid way between the navel and the rib cage. The colour of the chakra is yellow and is told to be the foundation of the metal body. This chakra is the center of personal power, ego, passions, anger and strength. Imbalances in the chakra will make you one sarcastic, and pessimistic. And, a balanced Solar Plexus chakra will make a person more confident, practical, optimistic and intellectual.
- Heart Chakra: This is the fourth chakra and is situated in the middle of the chest and id denoted with the colour green. The chakra is the centre of the chakra system and connects the body and mind with spirit. Physical illnesses due to the imbalances of this chakra can lead to heart attack, insomnia, difficulty in breathing and high blood pressure. A balanced heart chakra will make you feel compassionate, empathetic, friendly and good to everyone.
- Fifth Chakra- Throat: This is the fifth chakra and is located in the V of the collarbone at the lower neck. The chakra is the center of communication, sound, expression and creativity. It is denoted by the colour blue and physical ailments related to this are sore throats, ear infections, inflammation and back pain. A balanced Throat Chakra will keep you balanced, centered and a good speaker. Imbalance signs are denoted by inability to communicate, unfaithful and untrustworthy.
- Sixth Chakra- Third Eye: The chakra is located above the physical eyes at the centre of the forehead. The colour of the chakra is indigo and it assists in the purification of negative tendencies and selfish attitudes. Physical symptoms include headaches, blindness and blurred vision. A balanced and healthy third eye chakra will keep you clear sighted, fearless, practical and idealistic.
- Seventh Chakra- Crown- This chakra is just above the head area or the crown. The chakra is represented by the colour violet or white. The seventh chakra connects us to the higher forces of the universe. Having a balanced healthy Crown Chakra will make you mentally strong, creative, idealistic and self sacrificing. Blockages in this chakra will make one mentally unstable.
-By Angelica Campbell