There is nothing wrong in experiencing anger, provided you do not go to the extent of harming yourself too much. Anger becomes a problem when you are not able to handle it effectively and further it might affect any important decision of your life. As anger is a common psychological trait found in millions of people across the globe. Especially, the rate at which the world is competing ahead, people certainly need to be trained on anger management. Below mentioned are a few effective methods that can help you create a better and a happier individual.
- Regular Exercise: You do not have to practice to excel in the Olympics but yes certainly something like as though you are preparing for the Marathon. A regular exercise of 30 minutes a day can help you control your anger by finding an outlet to your emotions. Hitting a punch bag everyday for 30 minutes is a fantastic option.
- Think before you Act: This is one of the most important methods of controlling anger as it will limit any potential negative consequences of your anger. For e.g., before you slam a door or break your cell phone out of anger, consider the outcomes of this situation. As there could be a lot of expenses piling up for you.
- Give yourself a Timeout: This has been the traditional way of handing anger where in we were told as kids, that whenever one gets angry – one should count from one to ten. And, this process calms down the anger of the person. This practice is truly effective as you will automatically feel free and if required you can count up to 20.
- Forgive and Forget: Holding grudges against someone forever ensures the option that your anger management woes remain unsolved. If someone has acted in a way that was disturbing to you, then the best is to try your best to forgive them. Other people out there will not act in a way that will please you or act in your best interests. So, the quicker you accept it, the better and you will be happier.
- Spend time doing things that helps you to relax: Everyone has their own unique way of relaxation that enables them to relieve stress and elevate their mood. So, each one has to experience things that delights them the most. Find out, what suits you the best and do it. There are multitude options at offer like reading, writing, holidaying, visiting a salon, eating, meeting up with friends and so much more. So, go to introspect your choices and find out what suits the best.
Next time when you are angry, you know how to calm down your nerves. Must try it all, it really works. Free yourself from anger and live a happier life!
By- Angelica Campbell