With the cold weather upon us, I know it’s a little frustrating for women, as it is difficult to bundle up the winter outfits and still look great. And, if you really think so then you are absolutely wrong. Just with a little bit of efforts you can look stylish and stay warm and cozy as well. In fact, it is the best time of the year where in you can pull out your smart jackets and those lovely woollies and add a new meaning to your dressing.
However, wearing your woolen stuff you also need to be careful that you do not layer your body too much as you will miss out on the style statement. One excellent idea is to wear good quality wool. For women, the options of getting dressed is much more, in fact they have the option of going ahead to create a style statement of their own.
Here are a few ideas to stay warm and stylish during winters.
- Coats: The first and foremost is to invest in a good and smart coat. It is an important garment to shun away the cold weather, plus it adds a smart look only if you choose to buy the right one. Coats even assist to compliment your outfit. You must ensure to choose the right colour – picking out a neutral colour is the right option. Brown, black and grey are the colours that can never go out of fashion. Even white looks excellent but you just have to be careful as how neat you can keep it. Plus, it does not give a good contrast with snow. Peacoats are a piece of timeless fashion and are available in excellent colours like magenta, purple, blue etc. faux fur is another excellent example. A few other examples are bomber jackets, trench coats and insulated jackets.
- Full Sleeved Shirts: Full sleeved fashion shirts are always in fashion and they look really smart too. And, the best way to put on such a shirt is to team it with the right accessories. During an outing, a loose fitted shirt on your outfit is a fantastic option to give that casual look. Wearing a full sleeve shirt underneath a cut jacket is a fantastic option too.
- Scarves: Scarves have always been a piece of vintage fashion. The option is a fantastic way to complement your clothing. Especially during the windy days, you can protect your looks by carrying a fashionable scarf. Knitted woollen chunky stoles can help to be functional and fashionable as well. There are 25 stylish ways that a woman can carry a scarf. And, available in a variety like shaded, embroidered, floral, polka dotted adds more options for us to try out. And, yes the leopard print continues to be a fashion statement as well.
- Socks: Another fashion trend in vogue is the knee length socks. Knee length socks can always be paired with short skirts; else you can even prefer to wear stockings or may be the thick tights.
- Footwear: Winter footwear is an important aspect. Your flip-flops and strappy shoes have to be put aside for spring and summers. Now you will have to go for shoes that will cover more of your skin. Now is the time to pull out your boots, ballerina shoes and the cute tennis shoes. Even the knee high slouchy boots are a remarkable option to give you that smart and chic look.
The above sounds an excellent list of ideas for one to try out. So, this winter make sure to stand out amidst the rest by creating your own style statement. Good Luck folks!
By – Angelica Campbell